Clerk – Part-time $19.83 per hour
Under daily supervision of the Administration Office Manager/Deputy Treasurer and performs general clerical, secretarial, with some bookkeeping duties. Also assists the finance director as assigned and required to facilitate a smooth functioning office.
- Performs general clerical and secretarial office duties including typing, filing, answering telephones, bookkeeping, and has strong multitasking abilities;
- Helps residents at customer window with licensing, fees, and bill payments;
- Handles residents’ complaints and inquiries, and directs residents to proper authorities as needs dictate; and
- Performs other duties as required.
- Ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing;
- Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel experience a must;
- Basic knowledge of general office skills, including filing, accurate
typing, and phone answering skills, with strong multitasking abilities;
- Good knowledge of business arithmetic and English;
- Ability to understand and carry out basic written and oral assignments;
- Alertness, good judgment, accuracy and reliability;
- Computer data entry
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Personal computer including Microsoft Word and Excel software, calculator, copy and fax machine, telephone, and various equipment used in a typical office setting.
WORK WEEK SCHEDULE:
This is a part-time position from the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Pension Benefit – Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund
Application Process: Interested and qualified candidates may complete an Application for Employment obtained online at www.paloshillsweb.org or obtained in person at City Hall.
Submit with a cover letter, resume and above-referenced documentation. Mail to: Administration Office Manager, Jeanine Mallary, City of Palos Hills, 10335 S. Roberts Road, Palos Hills, IL 60465 or Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.