Palos Hills Resource & Recreation Department
Night & Weekend Building Monitor
The City of Palos Hills is currently seeking a part-time building monitor to work 2-3 weeknights and Saturdays. Week night hours are approximately 4:30-8:30 pm (every other Wednesday until 9:30 pm) and Saturday hours are 8:30 am – 4:30 pm.
- Register individuals in park programs using RecTrac software.
- Greet individuals at front desk and answer phone calls.
- Set up tables and chairs for programs and put them away when program done. (Must be able to lift approximately 30 pounds.)
- Conduct walk through of building at night and Saturday afternoons before locking building up and setting alarm code.
- Open building on Saturday mornings.
- Supervise and monitor open gym.
- Assist with projects left by full-time and Playschool staff.
- Assist in special events that take place during normal work hours.
- Perform CPR/first aid as needed.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must pass criminal background check.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
- Must be available to come in early to assist with programs on occasion.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Dress professionally and wear a City of Palos shirt.
- The City issued FOB is only to be used to enter the office before a shift and during work hours. It may not be used any other times to gain access to the office. The FOB must be returned on the last day of employment.
- Monitors may check in 15 minutes before their scheduled shift. Their shift ends at the scheduled closing time or 10 minutes after the last participant leaves.
- Employees are always on camera and must be professional at all times.
- The monitor reports directly to the Recreation Supervisor, then the Superintendent of Recreation.
- No one is allowed behind the front office desk unless first aid is being administered.
- If a phone or lap top is being used, it must be used at one of the back desks.
- Requested time off should be requested at two weeks in advance.
Position pays $10.00 per hour. For further questions, call Jen Grabowski at 430-4500.