Clerk – Part-time $19.83 per hour
Under daily supervision of the Administration Office Manager/Deputy Treasurer and performs general clerical, secretarial, with some bookkeeping duties. Also assists
the finance director as assigned and required to facilitate a smooth functioning office.
• Performs general clerical and secretarial office duties including typing, filing, answering telephones, bookkeeping, and has strong multitasking abilities;
• Helps residents at customer window with licensing, fees, and bill payments;
• Handles residents’ complaints and inquiries, and directs residents to proper authorities as needs dictate; and
• Performs other duties as required.
• Ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing;
• Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel experience a must;
• Basic knowledge of general office skills, including filing, accurate
typing, and phone answering skills, with strong multitasking abilities;
• Good knowledge of business arithmetic and English;
• Ability to understand and carry out basic written and oral assignments;
• Alertness, good judgment, accuracy and reliability;
• Computer data entry
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Personal computer including Microsoft Word and Excel software, calculator, copy and fax machine, telephone, and various equipment used in a typical office setting.
WORK WEEK SCHEDULE:
This is a part-time position from the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Pension Benefit – Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund
Application Process: Interested and qualified candidates may complete an Employment Application or obtain one in person at City Hall. Submit with a cover letter, resume and above-referenced documentation. Mail to: Administration Office Manager, City of Palos Hills, 10335 S. Roberts Road, Palos Hills, IL 60465. No phone calls please.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org