City of Palos Hills, Illinois
The Palos Hills Board of Police and Fire Commissioners will hold examinations in order to establish an eligibility list for the position of Police Officer.
Basis Minimum Requirements for Appointment
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent. Veteran’s and educational preference points are applied in accordance with State Statute.
- Age: Minimum age 21 at time of examination. All applicants shall be under 35 years of age unless said age limitation does not apply under circumstances set out in the State Statute.
- Language: Must be ability to fluently speak, read, and write in the English language.
- Health: Physically and psychologically qualified to meet the demands sustained by a Police Officer.
- Drivers License: Must hold a valid Illinois automobile driver’s license.
- Residency: Palos Hills does not have a residency requirement before or after appointment.
- Examination: Applicant must successfully pass all examinations and meet all standards as required by law and by the Board of Commissioners. Reference applicable State Statutes and current Rules and Regulations of Fire and Police Commissioners of the City of Palos Hills for all requirements which apply to applicants seeking the position of police officer for the City of Palos Hills. Chapter II, Section 6 of the Board’s Rules and Regulations state, “Applicants for the position of patrol officer must meet valid standards of health and physical aptitude. Applicants must have at least corrected visual acuity of 20/20 in one eye and 20/40 in the other eye and shall not be color blind.”
- If applicant is listed on Initial Eligibility List, applicant must sign and deliver a Reimbursement Contract to be eligible to be listed on Final Eligibility List for the position of Police Officer. Written notice and explanation of the requirement will be included with your application packet.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary: $89,017 annually after 4 years. Starting Salary: $66,066. After one year $71,839. Second year: $77,592. Third Year: $83,314. An attractive benefit package is offered.
- Applications with further information may be obtained in person at the Palos Hills City Hall located at 10335 S. Roberts Road. Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday. Applications will be available from February 14th thru March 6, 2020. An application fee of $25.00 will be required. (Waived if financial hardship can be demonstrated)
- When: Applications and other necessary forms must be submitted in person prior to the Mandatory Orientation Meeting on Monday, March 9, 2020, at 7:30 p.m. at the location identified in the application packet.
BOARD OF POLICE AND FIRE COMMISSIONERS
CITY OF PALOS HILLS, ILLINOIS
STEVEN GOOD, CHAIRMAN
Equal Opportunity Employer