JOB DUTIES – ANIMAL CONTROL
- To carry out the City Animal Control ordinances. To investigate incidents covered by the ordinances and to enforce compliance.
JOB DUTIES – ORDINANCE
- To carry out oversight of resident compliance with City ordinances. To investigate ordinance violation complaints.
- Associate in Communication Degree Preferred;
- Prior experience in Municipal Code Enforcement;
- Communication skills a must in both written and oral;
- Organizational skills;
- Knowledge of animal behavior;
- Ability to operate a variety of Animal Control equipment; and
- Common sense.
- Investigate ordinance violation complaints
- Inform property owner of complaint
- Issue citation if no compliance
- Business License inspections
- Permit & Licensing Compliance inspections
- Enforce Animal Control ordinances
- Deal with animal problems (wild and domestic)
- Appear at local court hearings
- Special Reports
- Weekly Activity Report to Mayor/Council
- Monthly Animal Activity Report to Forest Preserve
- Elevator inspections, renewal, and delivery of certificates
- Annual report of nuisance wildlife control activities
Personal computer including Microsoft Word and Excel software, copy, fax machine, telephone, and various equipment used in a typical office setting.
WORK WEEK SCHEDULE
This is a full-time position during normal City business hours 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, and some Saturday work hours are required once a month for court hearings.
The position is full-time with benefits, including vacation, sick, personal, floating holiday time, health insurance and IMRF.
Application Process: Interested and qualified candidates may complete an Application for Employment, or obtained in person at City Hall. Submit with a cover letter and resume.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to: City of Palos Hills, 10335 S. Roberts Road, Palos Hills, IL 60465
Accepting resumes until position is filled.
No phone calls please.