The City of Palos Hills is currently receiving resumes for the position of Building Commissioner / Zoning Administrator. This is a Full-Time Position with a salary range of $85,000.00-$90,000.00 plus benefits.
Required experience and qualifications:
Under supervision of Mayor, responsible for maintenance and enforcement of local building, planning, and zoning codes; shall supervise all building inspectors to ensure safe and efficient compliance of plans with codes within the City.
Typical Tasks / Examples of Duties:
- Supervise building inspectors in their evaluation of construction, rehabilitation, and remodeling plans;
- Assumes responsibility for the accurate accomplishment and complete documentation of all operations of the office for department files;
- Complies and evaluates department data, writes and presents all reports as requested by Mayor and other authorities;
- Oversees the scheduling of inspections by inspectors and performs recordkeeping for pay purposes;
- Performs inspections as required by workload;
- Makes recommendations for changes in codes or in the daily reporting and operations of the office;
- Handles correspondence of the office, including inquiries and complaints;
- Performs duties of staff to the Plan Commission & Zoning Board;
- Performs other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Substantial experience in the inspection and evaluation of construction practices, including experience with a variety of materials, equipment, systems, and methods across all functional areas of building inspection;
- Experience in the construction trades;
- Previous experience as building inspector, with expertise in at least one of the fields of building inspection and evaluation;
- Ability to interpret code requirements with respect to field conditions;
- Good supervisory skills;
- Ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing;
- Driver’s license and ability to drive a car.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Completion of coursework or continuing education in inspection & evaluation;
- Previous experience as a supervisor in building inspection.
Please send Resume only to: firstname.lastname@example.org by May 17, 2021.