Under daily supervision of the Administration Office Manager/Deputy Treasurer and performs general clerical, secretarial, and bookkeeping duties and also assists the finance director as assigned and required, to facilitate smooth functioning of the office and timely completion of reports as necessary.
- Performs general clerical and secretarial office duties including typing, filing, answering telephones; accounts payable, bookkeeping, and has strong multitasking abilities;
- Helps residents at customer window with licensing, fees, and bill payments;
- Handles residents’ complaints and inquiries, and directs residents to proper authorities as needs dictate; and
- Performs other duties as required.
- Ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing;
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred; Microsoft Word, Excel, and accounting experience a must;
- Basic knowledge of general office skills, including filing, accurate typing, and phone answering skills, with strong multitasking abilities;
- Good knowledge of business arithmetic and English;
- Ability to understand and carry out basic written and oral assignments;
- Alertness, good judgment, accuracy and reliability; and
- Computer data entry.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED: Personal computer including Microsoft Word and Excel software, calculator, copy and fax machine, telephone, and various equipment used in a typical office setting.
WORK WEEK SCHEDULE: This is a full-time position during normal City business hours 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, and some Saturday work hours may be required.
BENEFITS: The position is full time with benefits, including vacation, sick, personal, floating holiday time, health insurance and IMRF.
Application Process: Interested and qualified candidates may complete an Application for Employment, or obtained in person at City Hall. Submit with a cover letter, resume and above-referenced documentation.
Submissions must be postmarked, e-mailed, or received in the City Hall night drop by 5:00 p.m. on November 30, 2017.
Mail to: Administrative Office Manager, City of Palos Hills, 10335 S. Roberts Road, Palos Hills, IL 60465.
Email to: email@example.com
No phone calls please.