Water Usage Guidelines
Outside Water Usage Guidelines
The City of Palos Hills by agreement with its water purveyor is required to restrict outside water usage from May 15th through September 15th of each year.
- Restricted outside water usage includes lawn sprinkling (automatic and hand watering), car washing, filling of swimming pools, etc.
- Using the odd/even address system, the last digit of your address is tied to the calendar date.
- Addresses ending in an odd number can use outside water two times per day on odd calendar days from 7AM to 11AM and from 7PM to 11PM.
- Addressed ending in an ever number can use outside water two times per day on even calendar days from 7AM to 11AM and from 7PM to 11PM.
- Residents with automatic sprinkler systems are requested to set their sprinkler systems to reflect the noted times, odd/even requirements, and to monitor your systems at the beginning and end of each month to ensure compliance the city ordinance.
- As dry weather conditions become more sever, and water usage goes beyond supply capacities, our water purveyor may require additional restrictions. The increased restrictions ranges from reduced watering times and dates to no outside water usage.