School is back in session… please be aware of children and remember the speed limit in school zones and on residential streets is 20 m.p.h.
Miscellaneous Information: Although we have mentioned some of these items in previous newsletters, we feel that because they are local ordinances or state law, we want to make sure you are aware to possibly avoid being ticketed:
1. Never park or block the sidewalk, or park on the grass.
2. Handicapped parking spaces are intended only for individuals who need to park close.
3. No phone can be held in your hand, even if you are sitting in traffic.
4. Remember to keep car doors locked on your driveway and garage doors closed to prevent theft
5. Front license plate is required in Illinois.
6. Be aware of expiration date on license plate sticker
7. Usually right hand turns are legal when light is red, but you must make a complete stop and make sure you come to a complete stop at stop signs.
8. After business hours, call 598-2151 if you need to contact our police department in a non emergency situation.
9. If you plan on some home improvements, check our website (paloshillsweb.org) to check ordinances, and lists of registered contractors. Calling our building department is a good idea to see if a permit is needed. They could also look at your contract to see if the charges for your job are reasonable. The number is 598-3400.
10. No parking within 15 feet of a fire hydrant.
11. No parking within 20 feet of a crosswalk at an intersection.
12. ʻNo Parking within 30 feet upon the approach to any flashing signal, stop sign, or traffic control signal located at the side of a roadway.” (Il. compiled statues)
13. Do not pass a school bus if stop sign is extended.
14. Do not burn yard waste or leaves.
15. If you have a landscaper remove a tree, please have him remove all tree remnants.
Yard Waste: Yard waste will be picked up until your last pickup in November.
Halloween: Trick or treat hours will be Wednesday, October 31st from 3:00 until 7:30 p.m.
Ward Meeting: Please join us for a cup of coffee and bring any questions or concerns on Tuesday, October 30 from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. at the Community Center located at 8455 W. 103rd street.
January Newsletter: In January, look for the newsletter on (paloshillsweb.org). Let us know if you would like a paper copy and we will deliver it to you.
Your Second Ward Aldermen
Pauline A. Stratton
233-0511, cell: 710-9844 (firstname.lastname@example.org)