Residents and Visitors to the City of Palos Hills,
The Palos Hills Police Department is committed to serving our residents and guests. In light of the rapidly evolving situation as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) the Palos Hills Police Department will be making some modifications to the services we provide. These modifications are for the health and safety of our employees as well as the citizens we serve. Our goal is to prevent or contain the spread of COVID-19, especially to those individuals who fall into the high
As we have witnessed, this is an ever changing situation and we must have the ability to adapt with these changes. Staying informed is our best tool as we move forward. We will continue to monitor updates from Cook County Department of Health (www.cookcountypublichealth.org), the Illinois Department of Public Health (dph.illinois.gov), and the Center for Disease Control (www.cdc.gov).
This order will go into effect beginning March 17, 2020 at 6:00 PM and will remain in effect until further notice:
The Palos Hills Police Department will only be responding to HIGH PRIORITY AND/OR EMERGENCY calls: CALL 9-1-1
- Violent crimes or crimes against person (Including Domestic situations where the offender is still on the scene).
- In-progress calls where the offender is on the scene.
- Traffic crashes involving injuries or that have occurred on the roadway.
- Property crimes where evidence may exist and the scene needs to be processed.
- The on-duty supervisor can also determine if a response is warranted or the call can be handled by telephone.
- Note: If calls do require a response to your residence and you are able, please meet the officer outside.
- The Palos Hills Police Department will handle LOW PRIORITY calls by telephone: (708) 598-2151
Calls such as minor traffic crashes that have occurred on private property (it is important to remember that drivers need to exchange information), delayed incidents, information for police, etc. will be handled via telephone. Call our non-emergency number (708) 598-2151. If an officer is not immediately available, leave a valid phone number and an officer will call you back as soon as possible.
- The Palos Hills Police Department will also be temporarily suspending all in-person service functions such as fingerprinting services, vehicle lock-outs (with the exception of emergency situations), building tours, etc.
PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE POLICE DEPARTMENT:
- If your report can be taken over the telephone.
- If you have a fever or have had a fever within the last 24 hours.
- If you have traveled outside of the United States within the last 14 days.
- If you are experiencing: flu like symptoms, a cough, sore throat, or shortness of breath
- Once the United States Government and or the Governor of the State of Illinois declares the COVID-19 crisis is over we will return to normal operations.